Monday, June 7, 2010

Thoughts

In addition to reading and reviewing YA fiction, I have spent a lot of time reading books on philosophy. Similar to the way stepping in a lake kicks up a cloud of sand, wading into the ocean of philosophic thought raised a cloud of doubt: thereby changing my perception of the world around me. However, the cloud of doubt did not hinder my vision as a cloud of sand underwater would. Instead, the doubt presented the world from another point of view, a wonderfully unique point of view. Just as time causes the kicked up sand to settle to the bottom, the doubt which had altered my point of view settled into personal ideas, a personal philosophy.

I write this as a prelude. I have written down some of my philosophy into short essays. I plan on posting them on this blog every two weeks throughout the summer. Unfortunately, I do not have enough to fill up the entire summer. This is where you, the reader, come in. I invite any reader of this blog to ask questions or suggest topics for my future writings. If you cannot think of anything off the top of your head, maybe reading my posted essays will give you ideas.

The first essay will be posted on Friday, June 11th.

Yours truly (assuming truth exists),
Gabriel Gethin

No comments: